Friday, 12 May 2017

Stand beside ME


It's #meawarenessday and Mum has gone off to the #millionsmissing protest in London, whilst Dad has come home from work to have lunch with me. I am so fortunate, to have people around me who love and support me wholeheartedly - and without them, I know I wouldn't be much more than my M.E.
As yet, there's no effective treatment protocol, so it depends heavily on the people around you as to how you're able to manage - be it medical, social, emotional support or financial. There should be options open to everyone, but sadly this is not the case for many illnesses, and although funding, recognition and research all takes time - having an open mind/compassion does not.
It's people fighting the fight (patients and supporters alike), and you don't have to/aren't expected to fully understand it - god know's we don't - but support and compassion, may be the only current (& most important) treatment plan.

- If you're interested in understanding more about M.E, I'd recommend this fellow blogger's brilliant metaphor which has made it millennial
💙

No comments:

Post a Comment