Sunday, 7 December 2014

Buys | Skincare Overhaul

Skin is one of my biggest insecurities, but ironically, I probably spend the least amount of time and money on it in my routine. Oily spot prone, I may not be at the anti-aging stage, but it's definitely been lacking some TLC.

It was pointed out to me that if your skin is better, you not only feel better, but the whole makeup process is better - smoother application, you use less, yada yada. But, expensive fancy creams, and time consuming routines, just don't match the beauty/appeal of that shimmery eyeshadow or pout paint on your neverending wishlist. Skincare spend limits were low, and in turn I've tried many Highstreet lotions and potions - cue current £3 face wash, same said for moisturiser, £4 concealer - to no improvement avail.
'3 for 2' in Boots was the, boot, I needed to change my ways - making each product £10 each, which was low enough for my conscience to bare.

After much debate, I settled on a french pharmacy raid, aimed at making that ever so annoying spot struggle a little lighter.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar 'Duo', + 'Mat' moisture - for spot busting, oil controlling, skincare and primer hybrids - *hopefully* not stripping. This has the hype to follow it, and with the deal going on, I walked away a £14 product free.


Though I'm in a long term love affair with the Collection 'Lasting Perfection Concealer' Fair 1, Lisa Eldridge had both me and my cousin swooning over the promises of Vichy Dermablend foundation's concealing properties. People may argue, no makeup is best, but I like makeup! & after all, it's hard to stop hormones. Mixing makeup and skincare, hopefully this'll actually help the healing rather than inhibiting it.
I was due a new collection tube, but Suzi and the Sales made this seem like the better idea. Lil reckless, but I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts.

I want to make this clear it isn't a review, & I'm not expecting miracles, but I am intrigued to see whether it's worth splashing some cash on skincare - the forgotten understudy to that makeup we all love so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment