Monday, 29 December 2014

Beauty | 5* of 2014

2014 Beauty Favourites // 12 Days of Christmas, Day 10
Before the New Year, New Me, New Makeup chanting starts, I want to give some AmBlog airtime to 5 Beauty products of this year I really rate.



The Crowd Pleaser. At £25 (£20 in duty free), Stila's 'In The Light Palette' cost less than most higher end offerings, with comparable/superior quality. The shadows are pigmented, blendable, and easy for anyone to use. 10 shades, of varying finishes and tones, this could be anyone's go to/travelling/neutral/sole palette to their collection, and not feel like you were missing anything. Favourite shades would be 'Bubbly' and 'Sunset', but the beauty of this palette is I can mix and match, would wear them all, & they would always look good.

 I am wearing all ten in this eye look, the deep matte brown as my eyebrow powder.


Is it Black or is it Navy? No7 'Stay Precise' Liquid Liner, shade 'Sea' - fulfilling my new found liner love, and flick skills, without being as harsh as black. This stuff has industrial strength longevity, to the point where it's a nightmare to get off. But for the finish, colour, intensity, and looking the same all day quality - it's a price worth paying. Full review here.


The Valued Understudy to any Eyelook, Origins Cream Eyeshadow, shade 'Vanilla Vroom'. Base that means that-days-eyeshadow stays. all. day. Better match than any MAC paint pots for an everyday neutraliser; subtle cream shade, for even the palest of us out there, and neutral that everyone could benefit from. My face never goes without it.




'Beauty to me is being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick ass Red lipstick'
- My Red Lipstick of choice Gwyneth? Rimmel 'Kate Moss Matte Lipstick', shade '111'/'Kiss of Life'. Smooth, Opaque, Longlasting, Inexpensive, and of the colour that mimics lipstick kiss prints all over the world. Emoji n all. Try your hand at your own, or simply swipe on the lips - Full review here.

The Bargain Mini Brush Set. Ecotools, Synthtic fibres, Bamboo farrels. Eco-concious values and appealing aesthtics, the kit contains 4 brushes, all of which I use, and you can see scattered about my Blog. A packing flat shader brush, a fluffy wannabe MAC224 - prime at both applying, and blending out eyeshadow. Kabuki, a perfect handbag and more precise powder brush size, that I use everyday. A flatter face brush, capable of blush and highlight - soft, which works well to apply just the right amount of face products. Value for money beats that of RT; set merits for making 4 out of 4 useful brushes.




Face with a a few of my favourites





Beauty is the biggest buzz I get re blogging, there's Makeup fun in both the old and the new - may your new year be filled with both.


3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting this Stila palette for so long, it looks absolutely perfect :) also I am so surprised that Origins do makeup, I only knew about their skincare which by the way is phenomenal! I should definitely check out this eyeshadow base. Lovely post, you look stunning x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & let me be your enabler, geet it! it's pretty darn close.
      As was I, found this one in particular in a CCO, so I know near on nothing about their other products. Though this is a winner. Thankyou for all the loveliness
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely products :)

    http://lilyslittlehideout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete