Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Nails | Periwinkle sparkle


Polish that goes gloopy, is a polish well loved. Us beauty Junkies have a hoarding habit, so for something to run out, or no longer be usable, is a sure sign of a favourite.


I was hooked on the Primark 4 nail polish sets, buying a total of 3, all at £2 per set. Madness - A great way for me to trial out some fun colours.

The blue set was a particular gem, and all it took was Rach rocking this hue, for me to rekindle my love.
It is not in a good state. The coats were sticky and the complete opposite of smooth when dry - but this doesn't stop me from recommending both these polishes, and the colour. It's old! No matter how expensive the polish, be it Chanel or Rimmel, they all have a use by date. Luckily, I managed to work around it.
I used 2 sticky coats of the blue. 2 varying coats of the glitter, and 2 of the top coat (where I would usually do one, 2 went more towards evening the texture of the blue )
One thing I will say is these took AN AGE to dry. A world cup game build up, duration, extra time and post match evaluation wasn't enough for these to set. But, the plus side? This manicure has gone a good week with absolutely no chipping, just slight wear on the nail tip.
I love this technique - and ombre glitter really livens up any nail colour. I ofc lean towards silver, but any type of glitter (large or small), would work, and it's a lovely way of incorporating some sparkle to your non chritsmas nail drobe. Colour is a beauty too, would really make my tan pop if I had any left! A moments silence as Alas, this will be joining the other polish pots in the sky. I'll have to keep my eye out for an alternative.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely! :)

    http://emilyjane94.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Funny how a little-bit-fancy manicure can perk up a mood :)
      x

      Delete