Saturday, 19 July 2014

Face & Outfit | 'Tandia turns 21'

A longtime family friend Tandia turned 21 on the 17th of June, something I always remember, as it's the same day my aunt turned 60! Offer of BBQ, Pimms and old friends, for which all the Smiths were invited too. I'm here to say a massive belated birthday, and share what Face and Outfit I sported to bring in her 22nd year!

Sunday 29th June 2014

Outfit






It was a garden shindig, so I stuck to a dress and sandal combo, though it turned out to be february cold in june?! So my hoody and denim jacket stayed firmly on. Shame, this gorgeous cami dress was not shown to full potential - I love it so much, I've gone out and bought a backup! Unfortunately, I only managed to find a 6 and 8 ( surprised I fit that? Me too!) which does mean the girls are squashed, but it's worth the respiration issues/application struggles <. I find the swing style so flattering, without looking like a tent, and the colour/pattern forever timeless - I christen you my summer dress.

 Course it started to rain mid photos..

 I chose a couple of purple polishes as a nod to her favourite colour; a greyish lavender from soulful colours, and a violet from Sally hanson.

Dress - Primark (£13)
Denim Jacket - Charity Shop
Hoody - Superdry
Sandals - Primark
Bracelets - Various Jewellers ( sorry I can't be more specific )
Rings - Dorothy Perkins, Accessorize, Essentuals
Nails - Poundland


Face
POWT
Due to the neutral clothe tones, I burgundy smokey-eyed-it. Colour courtesy of WetnWild selection I got for my birthday, with my favourite shade from the 'Petal pusher palette' - Many thanks again DD & Jeremy.
A fuller base, mixed with a dewy finish foundation, left me with a best of both worlds scenario; I made sure to use a matte-r highlight (L'Oreal infaillible eyeshadow in 'Coconut Shake'), just in case the lasting power wasn't so good. Thankfully I managed to dodge a shiny situation.
It qualified as a lippy occasion, for which I used my favourite - 'L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick' in '101, Tempting Lilac'.


Natural lighting - no effects, bar cropping.

I ended up with a soft, blown out eye look. A small amount of Inglot brown in my crease, and the WetnWild burgundy 'eyelid' shade atop that, and outer half of the lid. The cream, from that same Inglot freedom palette, was the inner corner, lid and browbone highlight; I couldn't recommend Inglot shadows enough - review in the pipeline.
I think i just about got away with these fake eyelashes, Eyelure '020's, as they are so natural; shame they had to be retired after only a few wears.

Tools to make-me-up
> I found this photo of us participating in the silver jubilee 3 legged race circa 2002, of which we proudly won, despite the obvious height difference ( and questionable outfit choice - mum, explain yourself? ), I felt it summed us up. I also included a family photo avec Tands from the night; where's a cardboard cut out of Chris (aka older brother) when you need it?

Wishing you lots of love and luck with the next 21!



Today(friday) is a scorcher! But I've been stuck inside as I decided to leave my packing all to the last minute - karma aye. I'm off on my holiday for a week, that does not have Wifi, so heads up on unreliable AmBlog-ing.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very specific but you have awesome eyebrows! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks sweet!
      They've had some good times and bad aha xx

      Delete
  2. great look! X

    www.carlaginola.com

    ReplyDelete