Sunday, 13 July 2014

Face | 'Bem Feito Brazil'

Sunday 13th July 2014
Football fever
I've have well and truly enjoyed watching the world cup.
Well that is something I never thought I would say! Without the stress of supporting your own team, I've loved everything but penalties. 
As I wasn't doing anything in particular today, I had a little bit of fun with my makeup - which lead to maybe my favourite FOTD, ever.
Unfortunately, I want neither of the teams left to win (yes I'm in denial) - so instead, I went for the hosts colours. Despite the last few games, Brazil have done the world and themselves proud, so here's my makeup nod, to a bash well done.
I found the shades more true to colour with flash
ft. Green, Yellow, Blue and White Eyeshadow, in a conventional 'doh eyed' smokey shadow shape.
I did not hold back with the highlighting; stark white inner colours, and my face at the mercy of a shimmer fan brush, left me borderline disco ball. My brows were ruled, and base kept reliable/higher coverage, so the eyes took centre stage - that is till I added the lips, and my oh my do I love it all together!

(with & without flash)

This makeup made me vaine, that's when you know it's en pointe.

BASE
Maxfactor 'Face Finity, 3 in 1' Foundation, 25 Warm Almond
Collection 'Lasting Perfection' Concealer, 1 Fair
MAC 'Pro Longwear' Concealer, NW15 (someone please answer me why she matched warm, I don't get it)
Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Powder, 003 Peach Glow
Barry M 'Natural Dazzle' Bronzer
L'Oreal 'Colour Infaillible' Eyeshadow, 001 Time Resist White, as Face Highlighter
Freckles, Amber with some help from the sun.

EYES
Origins 'GinZing brightening' cream eyeshadow, 01 Vanilla Vroom
(Bronzer as crease colour)
One of 20 odd Greens, inner and outer corner; Yellow, centre of the lid
Tip - APPLY WITH FINGERS, using a brush would wipe (what little) colour away. To soften the borders of the colours, I sheerly overlaped each colour slightly.
NYX 'Jumbo' Eye Pencil, 604 Milk; water line, inner tear duct, and lower lash line. NYC, 'City Mono' eyeshadow, 920 A-Lister - to set.
Urban Decay '24/7 Glide On' Liner Pencil, Binge. Pallete is slightly lacking in blues, so I settled for an indigo blue hybrid - to set.
L'Oreal 'Colour Infaillible' Eyeshadow, 001 Time Resist White - Brow Bone.
About the only time I would have loved some blue mascara, but alas, we'll settle with black - Loreal 'False Lash Telescopic' Mascara, has definitely got better with age.

BROWS
Rimmel 'Professional' Eyebrow pencil, 004 Black Brown
MUA 'Matt' Eyeshadow, Shade 19
MUA Mascara, Clear

LIPS
I started with a more muted lip, but why be subtle with colour in the summer? Even though I break the rule of 'bright eyes or lips', I feel it suits.
1. Rimmel 'Lasting Finish' Lipstick, Shade 03
Revlon Lipgloss, 180 Pink Pop
2. Rimmel 'Lasting Finish' Lipstick, Shade 13

Tools to make-me-up
I had a play with my 120 pan palette, courtesy of eBay. No, the quality isn't there (shoddy pigmentation, longevity and powdery texture), but it's a great place to start regarding colour - you can try and test every shade under the rainbow, find what suits, and what you prefer. If you fall in love with one, you can always go out and get a better quality version.
I would call it cheap and cheerful, and ordered mine for around £6.95.



It's makeup days like this that make me wish I had been more beauty wise when I went along to the 2012 olympics! As it is, I went with a third a face full of face paint; something along these lines would have been awesome, but I'll be damned if I don't manage to find another excuse to rock it.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Ah World Cup 2014 I will miss you! 
But I am glad to be back to my Makeup, back to what I do blog best. And playing with colour? That certainly is new.
I will leave you with this debate, should I, or should I not get a bob ^

I'm dog sitting today, so should have major blog time; catching up on posts I've missed, nosing around your blogs and scheduling/writing on mine, so breaks like this are once in a blue moon!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thankyou :) - I was surprised how much I liked it myself!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the look, I have just discovered your blog and it is great!

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lucy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks on both counts! :))
      Who knew yellow eyeshadow could look so chic?
      x

      Delete