Thursday, 3 April 2014

Outfit | 'To Tweed Or Not To Tweed'

Another of my 'Outfit's, featuring items I bought in my March trip to Manchester.

Monday 31st March 2014
Smartening up my act


In one charity shop, we came across a Zara hotspot, all of which took my fancy, and I subsequently tried on. 1 blazer, I fell in love with instantly, 1 was whay to big and shoulderpadded - so I couldn't even say was 'oversized'; and this one. The name of this post expresses exactly how I feel about this jacket.
Yes, I am a full believer of blazers being wearable during the day or at night, but I found it tough styling this for either. Tweed was a look I appreciated, but never saw for myself. Maybe I'm stereotyping here, but whenever I wear it, I feel out of sync day to day, and that I should be off in the country following foxes. MIC would be proud.


The base of the outfit, was back to everyday Amber, with jeans and a white tea. To prevent me from looking too equestrion, I put my beloved chelsea boots to the side and replaced with some simple flats; I then decided I preferred it with the converse and satchel. The scarf, coupled with my purposefully unruly hair, slumped the outfit to a state of casual I felt comfortable in.
Are ripped jeans a step too far? Undecided, so I kept it clean cut, and took my new jeans out for spin. These babies are skinny, yet not restricting, and with wriggle room for anything from over indulgence - to splits. If I wanted. Or could infact still do the splits.


Merits are that it is in great condition. The tone and tweed are attractively subtle, and the rectangular elbow pads add a sense of individuality that is decidedly modern, but classic. I doubt it had been worn more than one occasion, and at £8, I took a punt. I think a piece like this is as timeless as a beige mac, just not always as easy to wear. Only gripe are the shoulder pads, I'm not trying to recreate the 80's in this one thankyou.
The 'side zip' jeans too, have little signs of wear, and couldn't have been more than £3.


Jacket - Charity Shop (Zara)
Cami - Tesco
Jeans - Charity Shop (Debenhams)
Scarf - Dorothy Perkins
Satchel - Primark
Clutch - Newlook
Converse - Schuh
Flats - Oasis

 I've realised recently, wardrobe wise, that I'm definitely a navy lover rather than a black; you can see this today, echoed in the navy accents of the tweed, and hue of my jeans. I second that monochrome is great, but denim blue/navy is less harsh, and also happens to pair perfectly with the cream knit part of my heart. Stepping out of my comfort zone has been fun and all, but it's always nice to know there's something warm and snuggly to go back to, if I change my mind.
Or could I combine the two?


Please excuse the state of my scarf, it's got a bit old and ratty, and seems to want to hold on any bit of rubbish flying around - I'm constantly taking leaves out of this thing, to find even more whilst I wear it!

4 comments:

  1. I love the look and feel of tweed :) love your outfit very classy <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good one, and I'm glad I got ma tweed oyn, but I'm still undecided!
      Big thanks for the kind words :))

      Delete
  2. The jacket and satchel are so cute! You look great :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that in a blog you can still get away with playing dressup!
      *blush* - thankyou thankyou!


      Delete