Saturday, 28 December 2013

Life | CHRISTMAS DAY 2013

25th December 2013

Here follows photos and captions of a Christmas full of festive cheer and traditions, from my unsuspecting family, here in England.
You may need a cuppa tea and a custard cream/mince pie to tide you over, it'll be a long one.

THE NIGHT BEFORE/LATE CHRISTMAS EVE 
(Too late to add to the Christmas eve post)



'Santa' comes every year, at this time around our road, on a makeshift caravan/sleigh. Unfortunately, I missed it this time as I was at the Christingle; but I managed to find a photo from a year past to include, as it is an integral part of our Christmas experience.

Midnight Mass
I call this my 'Pyjamas plus layers' outfit,
for midnight mass.
Wanted to be respectful of the occasion
but, here is an insight into the service.















 Father Christmas had been by the time we were back!
The pillow cases started off as a way to keep any presents from falling out of the stockings
As we have got older and started to contribute, they are a stocking in their own right, we are all well and truely spoilt.
CHRISTMAS MORN
Student Christmas Card/Snapchat
Mixing it up from our usual Christmas Pan au Chcolat
for breakfast
A Long Christmas morning walk to stretch both the dog's, and any children's legs

Stockings
Sleepy, but smiley people
Can't do stockings not in your pyjamas!?



CHRISTMAS LUNCH
Making good use of the apron whilst we still can





Food & Table prep.

Attention to details 
Bitta Bucks Fizz

Family photo, Christmas 2013
Choice #1, of 1. Sorry Mum.
Turkey with all the trimmings; dw, I made a mighty dent.
'I predict a diet' - q. Maddie Joyce.
Cheers

Who else does cross over crackers?


POST CHRISTMAS LUNCH
Loving the cracker toys.
Presents
Sorry for the fuzzyness, we were focusing on the day
not the quality of the pictures.

Pleased as punch with their new hats

A few photos ft. Cracker Hats
Festive cheer?






Lots of Love and thanks to the duo I can always depend on xx

CHRISTMAS EVE-NING

I constantly snack all Christmas day, there is no such things as supper..
..there are leftovers.
Definitely not the only family finding time for the 'Doctor Who, Christmas Special'
Little disappointed in it tbh? I thought the 50th anniv special much better!
But, bye Matt Smith! We'll miss you No.13!

One Last Glass.

You may here about a few of my gifts in upcoming posts, but on this weeks posts, focusing on what I believe truly makes Christmas, was much more important.
The Smith's are quite behind on this bandwagon,
next weekend sorted

To any friends and family reading,
Thankyou for making this whole week so special.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! What a nice Christmas you had, I really like all the pictures and your cracker hats are so cute! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, yes I am one lucky girl!
      haha, my fav festive accessory!

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had such a lovely day with your family! We open our presents in our pyjamas too :D It doesn't feel like Christmas if we don't!
    Have a great New Year :)
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it was a highlight for you too :)
      I second that! Enjoy 2 0 1 4 xxx

      Delete