Saturday, 23 November 2013

Life | 'The Tate Modern': Past

I love Art, and the 'Tate Modern' in London is one of my favourite galleries to visit; with my dad when I have the chance. Unlike others, I find I am still as interested visit after visit.


A few photos from past visits


 2007

Helter-skelters 
Located near St Paul's Cathedral, on the opposite side of the river, in the renovated Bankside power station - it is completely free to visit.


Like something out of Doctor Who



2008

Dads signature 'Tate' pose. 
From what I have researched - it is open 7 days a week, but for more indepth and reliable information on: Times, special exhibitions & their prices, map etc do reference the website.


Do bear in mind that the website is for all the Tate galleries (Tate Modern, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool, Tate St.Ives), so make sure you investigate the right tab.

The Tate in itself is free, but access to special exhibitions can cost you - more often than not, there are 2/3 special exhibitions at one time.
I have also visited at the time of the 'Black hole' exhibition, as well as the 'Sunflower seeds' when you were allowed to touch them! But, I haven't the photos. 


'No Busking'

My personal favourite piece to visit is Litchenstein's 'Whaam', but do make sure to check online for when works may have been lent to other galleries, and what galleries have lent to them. 



Upcoming events poster
Sneaky review? Family friendly, although I don't know how much enjoyment very young children would get out of it. Wheelchair access, reasonably priced tasty food. Riverside and fairly close to London Bridge.

I actually visited last Saturday, watch this space for more on that.





No comments:

Post a Comment