Sunday, 20 October 2013

Recipe | 'Where America have the smore, England has ROCKY ROAD'

It is simply delicious; i'll let the photos do the tempting.

Ingredients


100g butter
200g digestive biscuits
- 300g chocolate (I suggest a mixture of milk and dark - the more dark, the richer the flavour.  My preference is 200g dark, 100g milk.)
1 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- Marshmallows to taste - my preference is 1-2 handfuls.



Method

1. Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup. My method is in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling/simmering water as I tend to burn it in the microwave, but to each their own.

2. Mash the digestives separately, the more uneven the better; this creates the 'rocky texture'. My method is putting them in a zip lock bag and crushing gently with a rolling pin. Sometimes not so gently.

3. Mix the digestives and 2/3 to 3/4 of the melted loveliness. Add marshmallows.


4. Pack into tin as evenly as possible, any cake tin will do. You could always use cupcake tins for even portions. I have never found the need to grease the tin beforehand, but by all means do, it will not alter the taste.

5. Top it with the left over chocolate mixture, like a gorgeously glossy icing. In my opinion, this is what takes it up a notch.

6. Leave to cool in fridge overnight or freezer for at least an hour.

7. Eat as much as you can before everyone else gobbles it up!



but, save some for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment