Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Beauty | 'My 1st high-end makeup purchase'

Losing my Mac V, well , nearly.

My first high end makeup purchase at the age of 17 was SO exciting, and yes that makes me very 'insert insult here'. With limited funds, I thought carefully about what I would splurge on.

No.1, it had to be within my price range of, 'Owh that is more than I would usually pay',' less than outrageous’,and ‘I should get my money’s worth’.
No.2, something to use every day. I can understand the reasons why people buy more expensive makeup to use for special occasions only, but I wanted to get using.
No.3, I was after something neutral, a 'staple', so it wouldn't clash with my other makeup - or matter what clothes I wore.
No.4, as my lip colour and shadows change on an everyday basis, face product it was.
No.5, Base being more expensive, some sort of blush, highlight or bronzer would be for me.
No.6, MAC. It may be cliché, but it was my top choice of brand to try. Ticked the most boxes, and there was plenty of info to search online to make sure I didn't waste my money.


Same time next week will be a review of what I bought , MAC blush - shade 'PINK CULT'. 

Everyone has different beauty preferences,whether it be lips, sparkle or skincare; in this day and age, there is so much information around to help you find exactly what you are after.Don't be afraid to ask questions in-stores online/friends, the worst they can do is not respond. 
To some this may seem like an ordeal for a single piece of makeup, but to other over-thinkers on a budget like me, or even if you aren't, I hope this checklist helped.

 Wishing you joy with your luxury goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment