Friday, 25 October 2013

Holiday | 'A peek into my winter sun wardrobe and beauty bag', Lanzarote 2013

On the 25th of this month AKA TODAY, I'll be jetting off for a week in Lanzarote :); this is the start of my holiday series.

Packing
Lanzarote Oct2013

In general, I'm fairly unadventurous with my makeup and basic with my clothing; here's to hoping my blog will change that!

Fashion

My simplistic mantra with all things fashion, echoes into my holiday wardrobe. Capsule, fewer patterns, so it is easier to make different looks with fewer pieces. As it is winter sun, I'm expecting it to be chillier in the evenings; hence the layers.

From L-R : Monsoon, Primark, Newlook, Topshop, The Factory Shop, Newlook.
1 short sleeved, patterned shirt. One simple stretch cami, 2 crop camis, 2 chiffon camis. 

I seem to have gone a little camisole crazy this holiday! They are just so versatile, and great for the heat. As all but one of these tops are a block colour; it will make it easy to mix and match with any bottoms, to get the most out of my limited items.  



From L-R : River Island, Topshop, Republic, H&M, Moto.
Little more adventurous on my legs. I decided to pack 2 leggings for both travelling and the cooler evenings(thinner/cooler and more comfortable than jeans). Have to throw in a bit of floral, the midi skirt is my slightly more 'dressy' choice. The skirt and high waisted denim shorts left on the rail, will be perfect to switch out with any top for the daytime; absolute staples, as well as being comfortable. 


From L-R : Charity shop, Topshop, Topshop, TKMaxx.
Slouchy sports-lux esc jersey, purely to throw over a swimsuit. I intend to spend alot of time doing nothing by the beach/pool, smug Amber; sorry not sorry.

I Always have to incorporate a dress or two, they are simply the 

outfit I find the easiest to pull off in the summer. Both skater style, both Topshop born; the black I intend to wear multiple times at night, the floral I love wearing on days out.

My tie dye jumpsuit, owned for a few summers now, could not be more perfect as a beach/pool cover-up;  and as you may have seen in one previous post, I love me some orange!



From L-R: Charity shop, Superdry, Tesco, Miss Selfridge, Primark. 
Both the denim jacket and hoody are for comfort and warmth in travelling; I will more than likely wear them at night, aswell
as any boat trip we take. 

White jumper is because I cannot seem to go anywhere without a light knit, the unique back also means it looks great at the beach. Cocoon cardigan and kimono are to throw over if it gets chillier during day/evening.



From L-R: battered old Converse, Primark Flip Flops, Asda Sandals. 
Oh how I dislike shoes photos; what sacrifices I make for this blog! Mixture of comfy for days out/lots of walking, and practicality for the weather and places we will go; beach, pool, towns, restaurants. Colour scheme coincides well with my choice of wardrobe too.


Beauty
As I have become keener on beauty products, my travel makeup has grown through every holiday I take. As an unwritten rule for anyone, what you take on holiday are either staples you wouldn't want to be without; or favourites for the occasion. 

Makeup
I don’t wear makeup to the beach/pool, but for days out and the evenings, I like to be more presentable 
(these are not reviews, but I may mention specific reasons why I chose them for this holiday).

No nail polish as I only wear it on my toes, which I shall paint before I leave (nails inc, shade ST JAMES). Should last the week no problem

'Makeup mirror', incase there isn't one at the hotel.



Base





'Simple kind to skin hydrating light moisturiser' for use on my face everyday and night.

‘Bare minerals, original mineral foundation, shade light’  from my ‘9 piece get started kit’, feels incredibly light on my skin (perf for the heat), seems to improve the state of my complexion/blemishes and make it look more even; will work well even if I manage to get a tan. My daytime choice if I wear makeup at all(use w.real technique buffing brush)

‘Garnier BB Cream, combination to oily skin, shade LIGHT’ my top choice due to SPF20, I find it controls the oil better than my other liquid foundation choices, despite it feeling lighter on the skin. It can also last a good 5 hours without the primer and no blotting on my combo skin(oily t-zone), which is a bonus; mainly for use at night(use w.hands, find this works best for me).


‘Collection, lasting perfection concealer, shade 1 FAIR’, complete staple, always in my handbag. Fantastic coverage especially for blemishes, dosen’t budge, even in humidity(use w.maybelline gel liner brush for pinpoint application).


‘Rimmel Stay matte pressed powder, 003 peach glow’ Everyday powder, does what it says on the tin(use w.Eco tools kabuki).


Face



‘NYC bronzer, shade SUNNY’ Simply the only bronzer I own, besides one in a palette. It does the job.


‘MAC blush, shade PINKCULT’ my favourite blush I own.

Brush for both: QVS Powder brush.

Decided against a seperate highlight as I don’t use it every day, but instead to double up one of my eyeshadows: MUA shade 1 pearl, which I also use as brow bone/innercorner colour on the daily, on my cheeks/bridge of the nose/above the lip(use w.fingers).



Eyes & Brows


‘Bare minerals, prime time’ a travel size from my ‘9 piece get started kit’ to mainly use on my t-zone, as well as an eyelid primer.


Selection of ‘Loreal Infalible pigments’, my favourite eyshadows ,I wanted an option of both warm & cool to go with any outfit:Pebble Grey, Bronze Goddess(use w.fingers and Eco tools blending brush). I decided against ‘Butt “naked” eyes’ palette by NYX that I thought was unnecessary to take, had too many options that I wouldn’t use; aswell as there being other specific products I wanted to take instead.

2 ‘MUA Eyeshadows’. Shade 17 MATT, as a blending colour (pale peach, (use w.Revlon blending brush); shade 19 MATT (brown) for both my crease(use w.Eco tools blending brush), as a shadow liner and as an eyebrow powder(use w.Revlon liner brush). Pretty self-explanatory, what I use on the daily; also multi-purpose.


Not bothering with eyeliner as I don’t like the faff on holiday, and it has a tendency to smudge (which would only be amplified in the heat).


‘Maxfactor false lash effect mascara, shade BLACK’  what I’m using at the moment . Not waterproof as I don’t need it to be, and that can be a b**** to get off.


‘Rimmel professional , eyebrow pencil, shade 004 BLACK BROWN’ my shade, with a brush attached means it is compact. This is the product I use every day, may seem excessive taking the eyeshadow as well, but that is primarily as a crease shade. I wouldn't want to not take this for my eyebrow sanity, major makeup must.


‘MUA clear mascara’ which I use as a brow gel to keep them schtum.




Lips


‘Soltan suncare lipbalm’ spf 25, to keep them moisturised and protected .

‘Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick, shade No.13’Reddy Orange, perfect bright holiday lipstick. SO excited to wear along side my neon orange camisole; too much?

‘Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick, shade No.107’ ,despite this being a deep red which is unconventional for summer, I find it suits me the best. I can wear it sheerly or richly, depending on my mood/outfit, for differing effects. 


Couldn’t choose between the red and the orange, so I put both.


Hair bits
From L-R: Brush- Claires, Batiste dry shampoo- a hint of colour, hair clip, GHD straighteners gen IV, Treseme hairspray


All pretty self explanatory. Contemplated not taking my straighteners,  but I use them so often at home, I thought it justified for at least evenings and my fringe. Everything else, travel size to maximize luggage room; look at me thinking ahead!

+ usual extras 
Swimwear,underwear -TMI. Deodorant, perfume, shower stuff, face-wash  toothbrush etc.

My all time favourite jewelry is essentially what I'll be taking this week. All will be revealed in an upcoming post; hence no sneak previews.



At the time of posting this is, it will be ridiculous o'clock and I'll shortly be boarding a plane to Lanzarote! 
Wish me luck, and don't go having a heat wave whilst I'm gone


No comments:

Post a Comment